Tuesday 28 October 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Hey,

I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by the lovely Constanze from Taraxacum. I've never been nominated for an award before, so thank you Constanze! It's an honor.
Here are the rules:

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions that you have been asked.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Do you enjoy reading out loud?
Yes, when I'm trying to get into the swing of reading I may start off reading out loud.
What fictional meal would you like to taste?
Probably Ambrosia and Nectar from the Percy Jackson series, it sounds pretty dang good.
Series or standalones?
I like both in their own ways. I like series because you get to prolong your time with the characters, and standalones because, for one, you don't have to wait a whole year to read more of the story, and you get the full arch of a story in one book. 
Who or what inspired you to create your blog?
There were so many bloggers who inspired me to create this blog, like Sam from Realm of Fiction (a brilliant blogger by the way, go and check her out!) And at the time I had so much time on my hands and all I did 24/7 was read and I wanted to write reviews and talk about books, so that's why I decided to start blogging.
What languages do you speak and do you read in all of those languages?
I can speak, read and write Thai. I tried to learn French and Spanish, but I gave up, perhaps I'll revisit them one day.
Does your family read as much as you do?
DEFINITELY NOT! I have a younger brother who doesn't enjoy reading at all and it completely shocks me. I'm trying to encourage him to read though.
What is your favorite book of 2014?
This is so hard of a question. Maybe.... Cress by Marissa Meyer or Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. They were exceptionally amazing.
Do you like Halloween?
I've never really got involved in the past years, but I've been invited to a party and I'm actually really excited about dressing up!
Do you like reading horror stories?
I don't think so... Yeah, that would be a no. I can't get into them and normally I just get scared and can't bring myself leave the safety of my bed to go to the toilet.
What is your favorite local bookshop?
East Grinstead Bookshop, it's so cute and so cosy. If you aren't too far then pop in!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I nominate the following bloggers:
Alyssa at Eater of Books
Aparajita at Le' Grande Codex
--------------------------------------------------------------
And here are the questions:
What has been your favourite series of all time?
If you could have a book turned into a movie, which would it be and why?
What is your most anticipated read of 2015?
What book character have you been able to relate most with?
Twilight, Harry Potter or Percy Jackson?
Where is your favourite place to read?
Do you prefer having your books in pristine condition or worn out (creased spine, folded corners, etc.)?
 Ebook, paperback or hardback?
Best book cover that you've ever come across?
What would you say has been the hardest part of being a blogger?

Thanks Constanze again for nominating me and I hope all of you that I've nominated will also participate! 

Enjoy your day,
Sam :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating! I was so worried you wouldn't do it. My thoughts were like this: Uhh, no, she probably already got so many nominations, this is just a silly award with weird questions...
    So thank you for participating (I know I repeat myself :D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I want to know what ambrosia tastes like too! I loved Cress! I wasn't totally satisfied with the way Ruin and Rising ended though. I love these awards because I get to know other bloggers better. :)

    ReplyDelete