Friday 23 August 2013

My review of Unbreakable

Unbreakable (Unravelling #2) by Elizabeth Norris
Release Date: June 6, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Unbreakable (Unravelling, #2)Four months after Ben disappeared through the portal to his home universe, Janelle believes she’ll never see him again. Her world is still devastated, but civilisation is slowly rebuilding, and life is finally starting to resume some kind of normality. Until Interverse agent Taylor Barclay shows up. He’s got a problem, and he needs Janelle’s help. Somebody from an alternate universe is running a human trafficking ring – kidnapping people and selling them on different Earths. And Ben, with his unique abilities, is the prime suspect. To make things worse, Janelle learns that someone she cares about – someone from her own world – has become one of the missing.


Now Janelle has five days to track down the real culprit. Five days to locate the missing people before they’re lost forever. Five days to reunite with the boy who stole her heart. Can she uncover the truth before everyone she cares about is killed?

Unbreakable is a book that I have been dying to get my hands on since I read Unravelling last year. If you have not read Unravelling, you must go and do so now! It is a crazy mix of post-apocalyptic and sci-fi that will have you wanting a whole lot more. Especially a whole lot more of our hottie, Ben.

The book picks up a few months after Unravelling finishes. Ben is back in his home world, and Janelle wonders when the next time she will see him. Then agent Taylor Barclay turns up and he needs her help. There is a group kidnapping people and selling them to different universes and Ben is a suspect because of his ability to open portals between worlds. Janelle is on a mission to find the real criminal and... SHE'S NOT GONNA BACK DOWN! 

Janelle is so fierce and determined, I adore her! Not only does she step up to every challenge put in her way, but she's also grown a lot since Unravelling. In this book, we get to spend a lot more time with Barclay, and I began to enjoy his snarky character a lot more. He just grew on me! 

Elijah and Cecily... You could see the chemistry, even though they couldn't! Elijah is still funny and sarcastic, yet totally lovable! Cecily is brave and you can see how Janelle has really influenced her.

Unbreakable has many twists and turns, especially in the last third of the book. But there's action running all the way through the whole book. Sadly, Ben does not appear until later on, which means that the romance doesn't really kick in, but when it does... It's well worth it, I promise! (I love Ben.)
image
I'm actually quite sad that there won't be another book because I adore the worlds that Norris has created, but also the really awesome characters. But, there was a pretty good ending where everything is settles and the future for the characters is very open and can go many different ways.

I'm so happy that I picked up these books because they are just so unique and utterly captivating. Elizabeth Norris needs to write some more books. Now. And you guys need to go read this duology. Now.
Rating
A review copy was provided by HarperCollins

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I didn't read the entire review because I haven't read book 1. But, I wanted to know how many stars you gave it so I could decide whether or not to read them soon (as I have them both). Glad you enjoyed it.

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is so beautiful and the story sounds exactly like the cover. This has just moved up on my TBR list :D

    ReplyDelete