Friday 2 August 2013

My review of Siege and Storm

Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo
Release Date: June 6, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)Darkness never dies. Alina and Mal are on the run. Hunted and haunted, but together at last, they can't outrun Alina's past or her destiny forever. The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and he needs Alina to realise his dangerous plan. There are others who would like to use Alina's gift too. And as her power grows, somehow, she must choose between her country, her power, and her love - or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm. 

Siege and Storm is the heart-stopping sequel to the much-love Shadow and Bone. With more dangerous decisions to make and expectations that need to be met, Alina has never been put under more pressure. Running away with Mal, the boy she loves, leads them both to Sturmhond. A privateer who is not only willing to help them, but also ready to offer them a whole lot more.

I have never been crazy over the fantasy genre. That is, until I read books like Throne of Glass, Defiance, and, of course, Shadow and Bone. Each hold that little something that you just want to devour. After finishing Shadow and Bone, I was completely ready to dive into the sequel because I knew that Bardugo would not disappoint. And she didn't!
image
Can I try to tell you all how much I loved this book? The overall story line was just... WOAAH! I could not put the book down until the very last page because every page had me that little bit more hooked. I won't giveaway a big change that happens, but what I will say that the runaway trip turns into a lot more when they meet Sturmhond.

This moves us on to: Sturmhond! He is a wonderful addition to the main cast of characters who is way too self confident and sarcastic for his own good - though very charming when he wants to be. He has his secrets, but you grow to love him for his willingness to help our Alina and Mal.

This moves us swiftly on to: Alina and Mal. How can I express my love for these two? Alina is no longer the weak girl that we met so long ago, she has grown into the title of the Sun Summoner and could not be doing better with her amplifier. As for Mal, he would do anything for Alina. He would follow her to the end of the world if it meant that he could keep her safe. I just adore him sososo much.

Thankfully, we don't see much of the Darkling in this installment, and I can't help but be relieved because I really, really don't like him. I want him to die. He's creepy and weird and controlling... I hate him. And, the fact that he gets inbetween Mal and Alina. No. Just no.

image
Siege and Storm will not disappoint those that fell in love with Shadow and Bone! I might have even loved it more! Non-stop action that will keep you holding on to your seat and breathtaking romance, I am desperate to read the next book and anything else that Bardugo writes.
Rating
A review copy was provided by Orion Publishing

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had a chance to read Shadow and Bone yet but it's been sitting on my shelf since the day it was released! I've heard such reat things about it and I've met the author and she is crazy awesome and creative! Great review and I think this weekend I need to pick up Shadow and Bone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this series SO badly! So many people have absolutely LOVED shadow and bone and from what leigh barugo has said (that it's a steampunk russian romance i think?) im SO intrigued!

    ReplyDelete