Saturday 4 February 2012

My review of Shadow Kiss

04/02/12 - Shadow Kiss (vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead - Released 13th November 2008
-Warning- May contain spoilers for those who have not read the previous two

The 3rd book in the Vampire Academy series! Brilliant (As always).

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
Is Rose's fate to kill the person she loves most? It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason's death, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can't concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa.

But Rose has an even bigger secret .... She's in love with Dimitri. And this time, it's way more than a crush. Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever...

You know how long it took me to read this? 2 hours. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. It had me hooked. I didn't even go to the toilet! I HAD to read it, finish it.

In this book, Mason is no longer here. Poor boy. But to Rose's surprise (and shock) he starts appearing. Rose wonders if he is a ghost? Is this a trick? Is she going crazy? Or is Lissa's magic affecting Rose's mind?

Rose and Dimitri seem to be back on! Okay, I'm exaggerating, they have their moments. I do wish that Rose had given Adrian a fighting chance. He's such a lovely boy. I have a lot of 'If onlys' going on in my head:

If only Adrian was her instructor that year when Rose came back.
If only Dimitri was the one that Rose met on thr ski trip.
If only Adrian was what Rose wanted.
If only Dimitri didn't want Rose.
If only..........
If only....
If only.

I bet you all wondered that about that at some point. If one of those 'If onlys' had happened, the ending of this book MIGHT have been different. The scenes that built up to the battle were.....let's just say....very passionate and leave it at that. The battle! Damn, it was exciting. Moroi fighting Strigoi? Who expected that?!

The ending will leave you breathless and terrified about what will become of Rose Hathaway, no need to worry though! Rose is a big girl who can look after herself. I advise you all to buy Blood Promise before you have a Vampire Academy withdraw.

Richelle Mead, thank you for another thrilling book! I think I've given 5 Falling Books to all her books, but that's just because I love them so much.

I rate this book:
5 Falling Books

6 comments:

  1. Awesome review! When I read this book, I started to fall over heels for Adrian. I still am, I guess. He's just such a cute guy. I'm glad that you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Great review! And I love it when characters get you to think about them like they're alive, and how their life could go:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this book is my favorite from the series for so many reasons. I can't begin to tell you how much I loved it.
    I don't know how much it took me to read it because I literally read all 5 books( LS wasn't out yet) in no time... in like 2-3 days maybe, but I remember almost every part of it and I love it. I'll stop now before this comment turns into those I wrote for your review of books 4 and 5.
    One thing I have to say though. The end broke my heart!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Vampire Academy Series and Shadow Kiss, one of my favorite part^^ because I'm team Dimitri-Rose :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one was my favourite book in the VA series. The start was a bit slow but the second half was so damn good! I felt it went downhill from there but at least I'll always have this 3rd book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished this book last night. It was sooo, good. I can't believe that I've been putting off this book series for so long. Idiot!

    ~Krista

    ReplyDelete