Saturday 4 February 2012

My review of Blood Promise

04/02/12 - Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead - Released 25th August 2009
-Warning- May contain spoilers if you haven't read the previous books.

The 4th book in the Vampire Academy series! An unforgettable adventure, yet....errr....kinda creepy?

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?

Wow, shock of my life?!

I'm jumping straight to the point: Isn't kinda creepy that Dimitri kidnapped Rose? Or was it cute?

I found that REALLY creepy! I've never been afraid of Dimitri before. He was always the one I felt safe with, like nothing could touch me. But this? Well, it changed everything. I don't feel like I can trust him anymore. I felt that Rose was VERY brave to do what she did. She went on a journey to kill her first love?! Throwing yourself to the sharks, or what?! I wish I had Rose's guts to do that.

On the way she meets Dimitri's family....and possibly her own? Anyway, they were really nice to her and treated her like a widow, being Rose, she didn't like that, but managed to make friends within the family. Even meeting another Spirit user! Needle in a hay-stack.

It doesn't take Rose a long time to find Dimitri, but there's a problem. He doesn't want to die. He wants to awaken Rose.....change her....into a Strigoi. Can Rose escape this mad man? Can she kill the man that she loves with all her heart? Will she ever get home? To the people that love her? To Adrian? Okay, I'm just adding Adrian in because I love him so much. Rose DIDN'T treat him right at all! He was trying to help her, she acted like a child. Adrian deserves a lot better but he wants Rose. He's ALWAYS wanted Rose, will she give him that chance to prove himself?

I feel that I can't give this book the entire 5 falling books, don't get me wrong I loved it and everything, I just found it kinda creepy and couldn't wait until Dimitri's name was off the page. But since it's a Richelle Mead book and I love Adrian......

I rate this book:
4.8 Falling Books!

3 comments:

  1. Reading this book crushed my heart. First Rose losing Dimitri, then deciding to kill him, then everything that happened with his family. I really don't know how she pulled it off.
    Her life was a complete mess!
    I have to disagree with you about the situation with Adrian. Rose never meant to treat him badly, she just didn't think that there was a chance of her getting back safe and sound. Plus if she succeeded with her plan, she would go back and she would be like empty shell. Adrian was amazing with his help but I don't think anyone really understood what Rose was going through.
    I felt kind of similar about Dimitri though. It was killing me to see him like that!
    I could go on forever but I'll stop now.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...5 star..

    dimitri is my fav hero..i cant wait to continue this book...

    great a review sam..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of the books in this series yet!! I did finally get the first book, so I'm hoping to catch up soon! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete