Monday 30 January 2012

My review of The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa 
Release Date: January 25th, 2011


The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)My name is Meghan Chase.


I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.


This time, there will be no turning back.
 
I think it is safe for me to say that the Iron Fey series is one of my MOST FAVOURITE SERIES EVER! I have so much to say about this book. I finished it last night and was in tears, I have to be honest, I've never cried so much over a book before. The Iron Queen has an interesting plot and extremely addictive characters. I can't get enough of them.


The Iron Queen picks up where the Iron Daughter ended. Ash and Meghan are in the mortal world, trying to figure out there next move and what to do with their lives. But they get given a once in a life time chance to change everything. To make-up for what they did wrong. They must kill the (false) Iron King.


Meghan; I feel that she has really grown as a person since we first met her in The Iron King. She's stronger emotionally and physically. She is loyal and doesn't like to see her friends and family get hurt, and she would do anything to stop that from happening, even if it means risking her own life. She is a brave young girl and I wish I could be more like her at times.


Ash; Damn, I have fallen hard for this guy. This dark haired boy has captured my heart and locked it in a jar. He's so dreamy. In this book he changed. He's happier, some how lighter and less tense than he was in the other books. I love the romance between him and Meghan, the love that they share is very strong, I admire that. The more I talk about Ash, the more I want him to be real.


Puck; Poor, poor Puck. Always been second best. I feel for him, having the one that you love to not love you back. To see them with someone else. Sigh, but after all that, he can still put on a brave face. Puck is truly a saint. He added humour to this book! Joked when times got tough and lightened the mood with his friendly personality. I do hope that something good happens to Robin Goodfellow in The Iron Knight.


It was nice to see some characters from the first book to have a quick apperance, not forgotten! One thing I miss, Iron Horse. I was really warming up to the big guy. 'Ariella' came up in many convosations. Eventhough I don't like her, it's fasinating to find out more about Ash's previous life and whom he used to love. When your reading the book, you can feel how much it pains him to talk about her and how she died.


Who really wants to take another glance at the Twilight pile in the corner of the room, when you have THE IRON FEY series tempting you on the other side of the room? Bye, bye, Edward Cullen! Heeeeellllooooo, Prince Ash!


My favourite quote:


"Hey, princess.”
“Hey,” I whispered, as Ash slipped his arms around my waist from behind, drawing me close. I could feel his glare aimed at Puck over my head, a silent, protective gesture that spoke louder than any words. Mine. Back off.”

Hahaha, that one made me smile! Talk about over-protective! But then again, it's really cute.


I must say, Julie Kagawa is a brilliant author! I can't wait to read her upcoming books, including a vampire series? Hmmm, this shall be interesting! As long as there is an interesting boy and a good plot, oh, and nothing like Twilight, I think I will LOVE IT!

Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment