Sunday 25 December 2011

My review of The Vincent Boys

25/12/11 - The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines - Released 12th October 2011.

Emotional and packed full of humour. I loved it. 

The Vincent Boys
Being the good girl isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Ashton Gray has grown weary of playing the part to please her parents, and to be worthy of the town’s prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe That’s why she’s found herself spending time with Sawyer’s cousin, Beau, while he’s away for the summer camping with his family. Beau is nothing like her perfect boyfriend. He’s the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, dangerous in ways she’s only day dreamed about, and the one guy she should stay away from.
Beau never envied Sawyer his loving parents, his big nice home, or his position as quarterback. He loves him like a brother. Which is why he's tried everything in his power to keep his distance from Sawyer’s girlfriend. Even if he has loved her since the age of five, Ashton is Sawyer’s girl, so therefore she’s off limits. But when Sawyer leaves for the summer, Ashton, the one girl Beau would move Heaven and Earth for, decides she wants to get into trouble. Stabbing the one person who’s always accepted him and stood by him in the back, is the cost of finally holding Ashton Gray in his arms. Is she worth losing his cousin over?.... Hell Yeah.

Ashton, such a nice and considerate girl. I really liked her, her kindness and feminity made it hard not to. I enjoyed her relationship with Beau, my lovely Beau, he sounds so amazing! He was my favourite character! He was like no other boy, he could be sweet, he could be tough, he could be mean, he could be cruel, he could be kind.......he could be EVERYTHING. But you will just love him for who he is!

Sawyer, I felt so sorry for him. He seemed like such a nice guy. He gave a nice twist to the book and really got you thinking about how it would end.

This book had me crying at least 100 pages in and I just couldn't stop. So when the book was finished.....well.....I had no tissues left. I can't wait to read Abbi Glines' other books!

I rate this book:

8 comments:

  1. I agree! Beau is just *sigh*..... I'm also really looking forward to the sequel! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Abbi! I can't wait to read this book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this books sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this book! I love the characters and all the tension:)

    Abbi Glines is a great author:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm. I'm kind of curious about this one! I think I would have trouble with a lot of the flaws you pointed out, namely the cheating - I don't deal well with that at all - but you seemed to still enjoy reading it and that's something:) That cover is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this!:) I love how Beau was able to accept the real Ashton. I felt super bad for Sawyer though, at least in the second book things went great for him:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this book...and i love abbi glines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review! This book looks great, so I'll have to check it out. :-)

    Best Wishes,
    Lindsey V.

    ReplyDelete