Sunday 25 December 2011

My review of Crossed

17/12/11 - Crossed by Ally Condie - Released 15th of November 2011

Everything I wished and hoped for from the sequel of the best selling book, Matched. 

Crossed (Matched, #2)
Rules Are Different Outside The Society 

Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again. 


Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever.


A heart-wrenching story of love, pain and survival. This book will have you biting your finger nails and keep you up all night.

I love how in this book we got to dive into Ky's mind and have half of the chapters, in the book, told by him. I love him even more now because of all the things I've learnt about him and how his mind works. His love for Cassia made me smile all the way through.

I think Cassia has grown as a person. She's much stronger than she was in 'Matched' and I will enjoy seeing her grow even more in the last book. I admire her courage and love for Ky.

Like I said, this book was what more than I could have wished for. I can't put into words how excited I am for the next book!

I rate this book: 

10 comments:

  1. Just bought this book! Can't wait to read it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for te review! I loved the first book, and can't wait to read this, and get into Ky's mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read the first book but I would love to read them both, unfortunately they are not available at the online store where I shop yet. Will have to wait a bit longer.
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Matched, but was slightly disappointed with Crossed. I loved how it started, but then felt that the time spent in the carving went on too long. I was ready for them to begin to overthrow the corrupt government. Oh well, that probably means I will love book 3 when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a good book . I like the cover. And when the third books cover came out I could not wait for the book to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm read matched but I haven't read crossed yet... thanks for review :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read the first book and I can't wait to learn more about Ky. Because for the first book he's too mysterious. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I loved this book, I still have mixed feelings about it, and liked the first one on the trilogy better. But, I am dying to read the conclusion to it, Reached. =]
    Love the poetic writing of Ally Condie =]]]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am currently reading this one and I am loving it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought this book and can't wait to read it soon. Great review. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete