Sunday 25 December 2011

My review of Smokeless Fire

25/12/11 - Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young - Released 21st October 2011


An interesting addition to the paranormal genre!

Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits #1)
 For the last two years Ari’s life has been anything but normal and on her 18th birthday, when her friends surprise her with a gimmick genie claiming to grant wishes, Ari discovers the truth. The tragic and strange occurrences surrounding her 16th birthday were not coincidental and her life is never going to be the same again.

Ari’s real parents are not normal. They are not loving. They are not human.

They are myth. They are Smokeless Fire. They are Jinn.


The whole plot of the story was Ari discovering her father and who she really is. Ari was a slightly annoying character to read about at times but I didn't mind her. 



I enjoyed her relationship with Charlie, you grew to like him over a period of time. I admire her relationship with him and I am shocked that she could still love him after seeing what he does in his free time....

Jai, lovely, lovely Jai. He was a humorous character to read about and I definitely like him. Set as Ari's guardian, the amazing and sexy boy starts to feel things for Ari but he pushes those feelings away, worried that they could get her hurt.

The book was....interesting. Satisfying and very entertaining. After reading this I hope to read Samantha Young's other books and sequel to Smokeless Fire, which is to be released in the Summer (2012).

I rate this book:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review. Some books I love, while others I hate and then there are the ones that are a good read but not crazy good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book but yet to start it. Good review. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author yet, but I have one of her books on my Kindle. I have heard good things about her. If I like the one that I already have, I think this one will be my next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like samantha young's novels but i haven't read smokeless fire..
    already bought it from my friend..thx 4 the review...

    ReplyDelete