Saturday 31 December 2011

My review of Starcrossed

31/12/11 - Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini - Released 31st May 2011

How could you not love a book about Demi-gods? It's original. It's beautiful. Unexpected twists that you would never see coming.
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)How do you defy destiny?
 
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

Starcrossed is a book full of fun and action. It's an emotional rollercoaster. It will make you laugh, smile, cry and all the other complicated emotions that I can't explain. Josephine Angelini has created an exciting and dangerous world full of demigods and forbidden love that you can't get enough of.

Are you tired of reading about Vampires, Wolves, Fairies, Witches and Angels? Then Starcrossed is for you! If you think you know all the paranormal beings out there then you are wrong! I can promise you that there is no other Demigod book that could satisfy you more that this one. You will fall in love with all the characters in minutes after being introuduced to them. You will become addicted to the world where the sky is the limit when it comes down to unusual powers. Not once will you think, "This is boring." Starcrossed will keep you hooked until the very last word.

Our main character, Helen, is a beautiful young girl who lives with her dad on a tiny island called Nantucket. She is a perfectly ordinary girl, at least she thinks she is. Until the gorgeous Delos family turn up. Helen is drawn to Lucas Delos, but has a terrifying urge to kill aswell. When she first sets eyes on him in her school hall, she thinks he is the hottest boy she has ever seen, but there's nothing like getting a little killing out the way first. Soon, Helen is sucked into the world of Demigods and mysterious powers that have been with her all her life. Helen's attraction to Lucas is becoming more and more visible to everyone, and too soon, they fall in love. But it isn't allowed. For Lucas is in the House of Thebes and Helen is not, if they are together....The gods will fall and declare war on them all.

Sounds pretty amazing right? I know some of you are thinking, "Demigods? House of Thebes? What are you talking about, Sam?" Yes, yes, I know you want to know more, and I want to tell you. It's just that I want you all to experience the shocks with out me spoiling it for you. So, before I blab too much, GO AND BUY STARCROSSED! It's available in most countries.

Overall, Starcrossed is a book that everyone should read and experience. I recommend it to everyone who loves a good complicated romance and greek mythology. Josephine will leave you breathless with this stunning debut that has touched thousands across the world.

I rate this book:

5 Falling Books

12 comments:

  1. Wow! You totally convinced me:)

    I like that there are fresh takes on mythology, and that Helen was so funny.

    I also like that the secondary characters are fleshed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book sounds really good I've had this book in my book wish list for a while now. I will move it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your review about the characters and the overall emotions in the book. It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have heard a lot about this one... like your review! Indeed I need a break from vampires & werewolves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this book amazed me.
    I'm glad you like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I have been wanting to read this, but after reading your review, I have bumped it up on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thx for the riview...i will buy and read this book...very entertaining ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friends really liked this book. I wanted to, but I didn't. I'm glad you liked it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am currently reading this book and am loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved, loved, LOVED this book!!! I'm such a sucker for Mythology. Starcrossed was absolutely incredible and I can't wait to read Dreamless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you liked this one. I was on the fence, but your review got me off it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete