Sunday 25 December 2011

My review of Across the Universe

25/12/11 - Across the Universe by Beth Revis - Released 11th January 2011

It will have your heart racing and turning pages rapidly.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


This book definitely surprised me. I did was not at all predictable. I guessed everything wrong!

Amy, our main character, was a nice young girl with a bubbly personality. I enjoyed the slow blossoming romance that was growing between Amy and Elder. It was so sweet and innocent, I just want to know MORE! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, BETH?! What is to become of Godspeed? What is to become of my darling Elder?

This book had me crying.....Harley....You will love Harley, he is an adorable character. He brings life to the book and you will wish that there was a book just for him.

Beth Revis has done an amazing job. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

I rate this book:

2 comments:

  1. I have seen a lot of great reviews - including yours - of this book! Of course I'll put it in my to-read list on Goodreads! Who wouldn't?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds good. I can't wait to read it.

    Rachel V
    pefrw(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete