Sunday 25 December 2011

My review of Die for me

19/12/11 - Die For Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum - Released 10th May 2011

A romantic and action-packed book. 

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity. 

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent. 

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


I really enjoyed this wonderful book! Amy Plum has done a brilliant job at taking on the task at writing an incredible book about the undead.

Revenants; The undead. People who have died and come back to life. They look like you and me, they also age like you and me. They don't need to sleep but have a stage called 'dormant' during the month, where Revenants rest their bodies. Don't think just because their dead they can't die, they can. Everytime they die their life restarts to the age that they died at. Only some are created into Revenants when they die. Well the rest of the worlds deaths? They stay dead.

Kate's life has always been blissfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Her and her sister, Georgia, became orphans. They left their old lives behing and moved to Paris to live with their grandparents. Kate knew that her heart and life would never be the same again. Until the met Vincent.

This book made me laugh and made me cry. It was cute and had me smiling all the way through. I enjoyed Kate's character, she had a lovable feel and I could easily relate to her. Vincent, well, what girl can resist such charms? Definitely not me!

I rate this book:

2 comments:

  1. You convinced me!

    Thanks for this great review:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Paris! Wasn't Paris beautiful -or was it my HARD crush on Paris talking?

    ReplyDelete