Saturday 24 December 2011

An Interview with Jodi Meadows!

Hey,

:] Isn't it a great day? Of course it is! The amazing author of Incarnate has agreed to have an interview!
Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
Isn't it beautiful? :') I love it and I'm sure you will toooo! Don't forget it's releasing on the 31st of January 2012! So here is the interview:

Me: How did you get the idea for Incarnate?
Jodi: I made a note about the basic premise for INCARNATE three years before I ever started writing the book. Whatever the original spark was -- it's gone now. But I remember being very intrigued by the idea of perpetual reincarnation and how a society like that might grow. That by itself is interesting, but even more interesting would be adding someone new. 

From there, I put the note away for years, thinking of it only occasionally while I worked on other projects. I found it again when I was feeling braver and ready for the challenge such a world would inevitably present. 

Me: How long did it take you to write Incarnate?
Jodi: Three years for the idea to finish taking over my brain. One month of intense plotting, worldbuilding, and note-taking. Two months of frantic first drafting. One month of insane revisions. Then I got an agent and editor and added on eighteen more months of off and on revisions and editing.

Me: Are any of the characters based on real life people?
Jodi: No, though I do sometimes name characters after friends.

Me: When did you know you wanted to be an author?
Jodi: When I was in seventh grade. It was the first time I understood that writing books was a thing some people did as a job. 

Me: When you were told Incarnate was going to be published how did you feel?
Jodi: Shocked. It had been my dream for so long, and while I believed it would happen one day, the day my agent called to inform me of offers was a huge surprise. I kept waiting for her to tell me it was a joke. (I'm still kind of waiting. :)

Me: Are you working on a other projects?
Jodi: Absolutely. I have a couple other projects I'm tinkering with when I'm not working on INCARNATE novels, but I can't tell you about them. My agent would kill me in my sleep. :)

Me: Any clues to what the second book might be titled?
Jodi: It starts with a vowel.

Me: What advice would you give young people who want to be an author/writer?
Jodi: Read all the books. And write. Do both of those things a lot, and then send some of your writing into the world. Be prepared for rejection; it's okay, because it happens to everyone. But one day, I hope you get a very surprising phone call.

-----Follow Jodi Meadows on Facebook & Twitter-----------You can check out my review of Incarnate at: http://bookcrazedreviews.blogspot.com/p/reviews_17.html

Check back soon,
Sam :D

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad it wasn't a joke :D Can't wait to read this and then the sequel, too.
    Thank you for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jodi Meadows! She's fun and she has great advice:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book, I'm partecipating at one giveaway to win it :)
    Good reviews, this makes me more interested.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incarnate is one of the best books i've read in my whole life! great interview!

    ReplyDelete