Friday 23 December 2011

An Interview with Abbi Glines!

Hey,

Have you heard of Abbi Glines? Well, she's written some fantastic books:

Breathe  The Vincent Boys  Existence  Because of Low
Check out the latest news on: www.abbiglines.blogspot.com, now here is the interview:

Me: Where did the idea for Existence come from?
Abbi: I wanted to try my hand at writing a paranormal romance. But nothing interested me until I was reading through an old manuscript I'd written a few years ago and done nothing with. One of the characters in the book was Death. He wasn't a main character but I liked him more than the main characters (which may be why I never tried to do anything with that book). I then sat down and gave Death a storyline. 

Me: Are any of the characters in The Vincent Boys based on real life people?
Abbi: No. The field parties are very real in the south. I went to several back in the day. The main characters all came out of my head. The only character in the book I patterned after someone was Grana. Ashton's Grana was inspired by my mother. 

Me: What is your favourite book that you have written?
Abbi: The Vincent Boys. I didn't give myself limitations with that one. But Breathe was my first "baby" so it will always hold a special place in my heart. 

Me: Do you have any other projects that your working on?
Abbi: Yes, I am getting Because of Low ready for the editor. It will be released February 7, 2012. It's another YA contemp. The second book in the Existence trilogy will be my next project. I've already gotten the outline for it down. 

Me: Are any of your books in print?
Abbi: Breathe is in print. Existence will be in print this February. The Vincent Boys will hopefully be in print sometime in January. 

Me: When did you know you wanted to be an author?
Abbi: At the age of eight. I began writing stories in notebooks. My mother would buy me notebooks and I would fill them up. 

Me: What advice would you give to young people who want to be a writer/author?
Abbi: Write daily. Even if you aren't in the mood and it sucks. Write. It's like a muscle. It grows with each use. Also, never give up. If you love your story, someone else will too. 

You want to read these books? Well if you have a Kindle then get down to www.amazon.com and buy it now!
You can also follow Abbi Glines on twitter and facebook!
Check back soon,
Sam :D

1 comment: