Sunday 25 December 2011

My review of First Date

First Date by Krista McGee
Release Date: January 10, 2012 

First Date
Addy Davidson discovers God's unexpected plans for her life when a reality TV show turns her quiet existence on its head.
The orphaned daughter of missionaries, Addy is quite content to stay in the shadows and never draw attention to herself. But when she's selected for a reality TV show to try to become the President son's prom date-a show she didn't audition for-she's suddenly in America's spotlight.


The lights, the make-up, the competitions, and the blogs discussing every move she makes all make Addy incredibly uncomfortable. But through her time at The Mansion, Addy comes to realise that first impressions aren't always right, that hiding out may not be what God had planned for her life, and that her faith should affect everything she does. It may just be that her selection wasn't random at all and that she's on this show "for such a time as this."


This book was much better than I expected. It was emotional but also very entertaining. The plot was amazing, the characters were interesting to read about, and the humour in this book.


I found Addy a very enjoyable  character to read about. I believed what she believed, I felt what she felt. The story was so beautifully written I couldn't help thinking I was actually Addy. Her belief and faith in God made me want to run to the library and get a bible. She's just such a passionate young girl with a lovely personality. I found her an inspiring heroin. Her friend, Kara, was also a great character. She was a great friend to Addy and never treated her badly like the other girls. She reminded me that there are good people in the world, she brought the story to life.


Jonathan, now what can I say about this adorable character? I loved him, such a delightful character. He will surprise you, he definitely surprised me. I thought he would be a rude, arrogant young man, who dated five girls a week. But, boy was I wrong! He was sweet and truly charming!


I loved the whole plot of the story! For a few moments, I believed that 'The Book Of Love' was actually a real TV programme. It was extremely realistic and the level of description made the book easy to follow. The book was paced just right, not too fast and not too slow. I found myself wishing that the scenes were longer because they were so cute. McGee surprisingly exceeded my expectations with her skills to shock and keep readers hooked to her book!


I recommend this to all teens who don't like long and boring books. This will easily capture you and drag you in. A nice short read that everyone will love.

Rating

2 comments:

  1. This is well written book that had me smiling throughout the whole story. The cute witty banter back and forth of the main character and her roommate was entertaining. The whole point of the book, sticking to your gut, really is something to be embraced. Definitely a quick easy read for someone who like smart girls witty dialogue and a little romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend reading this book because it's fun, cute, and it keeps you guessing. I love that it is Christian based!

    Marlene
    Informative URL for Alaskan Brown Bear Hunts coastal

    ReplyDelete