Wednesday 28 December 2011

My review of Hallowed

28/12/11 - Hallowed by Cynthia Hand - Released 3rd January 2012

Phenomenal.

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

I found this book extremely addictive and couldn't put it down for more that 5 minutes before giving into temptation. The plot was well thought through and carefully planned. I enjoy Cynthia's writing style, it's very dramatic and extremely captivating.
The characters were well developed and fun to read about. In this book, I felt a Tucker withdraw and that slightly pushed me to Christian. In every YA series we have a love triangle and they don't normally work/interest people. But, in this series it does work. With our gorgeous main character, Clara, torn between two amazing guys, who will she pick?

The plot for Hallowed was, once again, breath taking and full of angel action. There is some really emotional and heart touching scenes that are now permanently etched into my brain. We meet some new characters, but also lose some as well....

I advise you to buy this book and proudly put it on your bookshelf. Angel lovers can not afford to miss this! Cynthia writes about INTERESTING angels with INTERESTING lives with INTERESTING problems. So, you get where I'm going right?

Overall, Hallowed is a phenomenal sequel that will leave you craving for more.

I rate this book:

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I cannot wait to read this book! So far I'm team Tucker, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if I change my mind after the second book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not put it down until finished , I cried so bad in the last chapters , it is beautiful written my heart broke at the suffering of both guys and can't wait for the next one ! Please dont take long . Thank u very much for such a wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, I've got a copy, so hopefully I'll get onto it soon! I know what you mean about both the boys! Christian's nice, but Tucker... well I'm on his team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the book yet, but I'm planning to. First I have to read the first book from the series xD I loved your review, can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just started on this book!! Loved your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this yet, but am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished the first book about a week ago and got this one. I am excited to start where the story left off. Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the first book.I have to read this one.

    ReplyDelete