Thursday 25 September 2014

My review of Revived

Revived by Cat Patrick
Release Date: July 2, 2012

RevivedThe world fades to nothing, and before I have the chance to think another thought...I'm dead. 



My name is Daisy West and my whole life is a lie. I'm part of a programme to test a drug called Revive - a drug that brings people back from the dead. I have died five times. I've been Revived five times. With each revival comes a new name, a new town...a new life. But this time, I won't let myself die. This time, I've found a love that I can't let go of. This time, I'm going to make my life my own.

Revived
is the second novel from Cat Patrick, who really hooked me in with her debut novel, Forgotten. It follows down that similar "Girl has a supernatural power" route, which I adored. 


Our protagonist in this book is called Daisy and all she really wants is a normal life. However, she is part of a program to test a drug that has a power to bring you back to life. Cool, eh? It's called Revive. And everytime Daisy dies and is brought back to life, she has to move to a whole new town. But she starts planting down roots by making friends and getting closer to a boy that she really likes. How cute!

I really enjoyed the storyline and plot for this book! After reading Forgotten, I knew I had to check out of what Patrick has to offer. Revived is unique and has characters that you just want to get to know.

Daisy befriends Audrey; a really sweet girl with a quirky personality. She has a brother called Matt. And when Daisy meets Matt... FIREWORKS! I loved the two and their ever-growing relationship. It was real sweet. And I also enjoyed all the obstacles that they had to tackle when it came down to keeping the secret of "Revive".

Cat Patrick is an author to look out for if you like those contemporary books but with slight hints of supernatural-ness. A good plot, a cute romance, a few action scenes, and a few emotional ones; this book has plenty to keep you satisfied until the last page! I'm definitely picking The Originals and Just Like Fate
Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment