Friday 7 December 2012

My review of Severed

Severed (Fated #2) by Sarah Alderson
Release Date:
November 30, 2012

Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon


Severed (Fated, #2)
Fate brought them together. Now it’s threatening to tear them apart.

As the last in a long line of demon slayers, Evie’s destiny is to end the war that has raged for centuries between humans and demons.

Lucas, the half-Shadow Warrior half-human who was sent to kill her, has betrayed his own Brotherhood and his family to fight alongside her.

With an army of unhumans on their tail, Evie and Lucas are forced into an uneasy alliance with a group of rogue Hunters who offer protection and the promise of answers.

As the past is untangled and the dark history of the Hunters revealed, Evie discovers that severing the realms is going to require a lot more than just fighting. It’s going to require a sacrifice – one that only she can make.

…More than realms will be severed.


Severed is the perfect sequel to Fated, and I'm sure that it will satisfy all fans! Be prepared for the same heart-stopping action, mysteries and the epic romance that we all love so much.

In Severed, Evie and Lucas are on the run from their lives to fight the evil that threatens the world. On their way, they encounter a group of rogue unhumans and have no choice but to join them because they offer some much-needed help. As Evie discovers more about what is happening to the realms, she is forced to make an incredibly difficult decision that no one should be forced to make.

I had a lot of fun reading Severed because of the gripping plot and the awesome new characters that were introduced! I fell head over heels for the charming, yet cheeky, Cyrus the Hunter. He lightened up the book and made me smile multiple times because of his witty replies and adorable smiles. I'm sure that most readers will love him, too. 

While I may have hoped for something between Cyrus and Evie, I knew that Lucas was the only one for her. Overprotective, strong and loving, Lucas was simply a sweet guy to read about (when he's not battling monsters, of course).

The ending was just... Ahh, it's so complicated to put into words because I felt a rush of emotions slam into me all at once; the pain from losing a loved character, the confusion from why the book had to end, etc. I can't wait to find out what's to happen next in the series because it's just so damn breath-taking.

If you've not read anything by Sarah Alderson then make sure you check out the first book, Fated, and her Hunting Lila books.
Rating
- A review copy was provided by the author.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this series until now, but it sounds badass. Thanks for the review, and I'll be checking this out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I haven't heard about this author or series but really need to check them out! Thank you for the awesome review -- I love finding new series!

    ReplyDelete