Saturday 31 March 2012

My review of Bloodrose

Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer 
Release Date: January 3rd, 2012


Bloodrose (Nightshade #3)Is true love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnameable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is. 



Well, well, well. We've now reached the end of the rollercoaster. The Nightshade trilogy is now over, finished. And you know what Bloodrose left me thinking? It left me thinking, 'I've been waiting for this?!'

I fell in love with Nightshade, I liked Wolfsbane, but Bloodrose? I don't know what to think.

In this book, we find out some more juicy secrets of the keepers and Shay's parents. After Calla goes on a rescue mission with Adne to find her brother, Ren, who is also Calla's potential mate, Calla faces a problem. Ren, or Shay? Bloodrose finally determines who Calla will choose. Some will like the decision, some won't. For me, I don't really know. I'm sort of caught in the middle of regret and enjoying it.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't really like Ren in the previous two book. I thought of him as the big meanie wolf with controlling intentions, but in this book, I warmed up to him. I really did. I saw a side to him that I must have missed before; his ability of love deeply. I still can't believe that I spent my time hating him for trying to steal Calla away from Shay, when really he was just trying to show her how much he cared for her.

Calla, I don't know what to think of her. She's irritating and annoying, bossy and shouts a lot, I guess that comes from the whole Alpha role. One minute she was with Ren and the next she was with Shay, and then she uses the rest of her time trying to make her life perfect again. She was a hot and cold character for me. I liked her, then I didn't.

I don't want to give away the plot because I think that as this is the final instalment, you guys should all experience it without my input.

The ending. Oh my god. The ending that everyone has been talking about. Disappointed? Gutted? For those who have already read Bloodrose, will know that what happens near the end is both horrifying and tear-jerking.

Overall, Bloodrose was a slight disappointment but I still enjoyed the plot and a few of the characters. If you've read the previous two books that you must read this!

Rating

4 comments:

  1. i have copy of book1 /reading it soon
    great review sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Team Ren all the way and I agree with you that the ending was a total curve ball but it's fair and at least the characters got their HEA. Cremer has some balls gutting out her cast of characters and sticking to what's the most natural outcome would be. Can't wait for RIFT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved and hated the ending, it fits but then not. I am also on team Ren all the way. At first I thought of him as the popular boy who cant handle that there is something he cant get but then we see this other side to him. This book is a MUST read if you have read the other two really, so much happen and are explained in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this series so I'm really apprehensive about reading this one - I'm still dying to find out what happens though...

    ReplyDelete