Monday 28 January 2013

My review of As You Were

As You Were (Project Five Fifteen #2) by Samantha Summers
Release Date: December 14, 2012
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon


As You Were (Project Five Fifteen #2)For every choice, there is a consequence.

Ronnie and Kalen are finally together, living their life in secret under the radar of the people who want Kalen dead. But when a visit from an old friend sends Kalen away on a rescue mission, Ronnie finds herself plunged back into the world of Project Five Fifteen quicker than she ever thought possible.

It’s fast becoming clear The Agency will never give up their hunt for the boys, and a betrayal closer to home starts a chain reaction that will change everything. Now, caught in a deadly web of lies and deceit, Ronnie is forced to question who she can trust; even the person she once trusted most.

As enemies close in, Kalen’s past threatens to destroy the happiness they sacrificed so much for, and it’s only a matter of time before the ultimate choice must be made…

As You Were is the exciting sequel to First Light, a thriller romance that you won't be able to put down. First Light was satisfying and intriguing read, but As You Were is even better! There is even more heart-stopping action, more characters to meet, and more secrets to be revealed.

In a world where boys are trained to be assassins from a young age, no one is safe. Especially Ronnie, who has fallen in love with the most deadly assassin of all: Kalen. Many want him dead and he might just putting her in more danger by trying to keep her close. At the end of First Light, Ronnie decides to getaway with Kalen and that's where As You Were picks up. Ronnie and Kalen couldn't have been having a better time. Their skiing in Switzerland with plenty of delicious of hot chocolate when one of Kalen's team mates, Ace, turns up, Kalen and Ronnie are thrust back into the world they had tried so hard to runaway from. 

I really enjoyed As You Were. I thought that the plot was well thought through, the characters all had a purpose to the story, and the surprises never stopped coming! I finished the book in no time at all because I could not put it down. Summers keeps us on the edge of our seats with her well-written action scenes and unexpected plot twists. 

Ronnie and Kalen are two great characters and I loved to read about their relationship. Of course, it had it's ups and downs, but in the end they would always find a way to come back to each other, which is simply adorable. I really wish I were Ronnie. Her life is awesome! She's running around with an assassin, for crying out loud! That is just... so much more exciting than my life. But also because she gets Kalen. Sigh. He is lovely. He's strong and protective and good looking and a really good boyfriend, and did I mention that he's good looking? Kalen and Ronnie are just the cutest couple. I'm sure you will love their exciting and complicated relationship.

Moving on from out two main characters, there is Ace, Nash, Denver and a few others that are pretty dang great, too! They are Kalen's assassin team mates, who all have unique and intriguing personalities. Ace is the youngest, but also the closest to Ronnie, like a best friend, even. He is bubbly, full of enthusiasm and, in my opinion, should not be an assassin, but instead be spending his life properly! Nash is the brooding and mysterious type who is simply there when you need him. Denver is very different. Not only does he have a wicked sense of humor, but he is also quite a hit with the ladies, which isn't always a good thing when you're an assassin.

I was heart-broken when I reached the end of First Light because I couldn't wait to find out what was next for Ronnie and Kalen. And now that I have finished As You Were, I am left in agony because Summers decides to leave us with a cliffhanger. Ahhh, I just need the third book, Becoming.

If you love a good YA action/thriller/romance then I would really recommend you check this series out because I'm pretty sure that you will enjoy it.
Rating

A review copy was provided by the author

5 comments:

  1. Loved the review. sounds great and i think i will enjoy read this series.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this one!! Love the ocmbination of thriller and romance elements!!

    Lovely review:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't read the first one but I will definitely..one day that's for sure. Sounds a great adventure series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the review,can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I love an ongoing series that agony between books and what happens next gets me every time LOL I am glad you enjoyed the read. This is new to me and I will be hopping over to check out more :)

    ReplyDelete