Sunday 13 April 2014

Weekly Favourites (5)

Hey,
For some of you who have been following my blog for a while may know that I was doing a weekly post called "Weekly Favourites" throughout August and the start of September. I'm not going to lie... I completely forgot about it! But I found it through scrolling through some of my old posts and I was like... "OMG WHATTTT IS THISSS?!?!?" Mmmhmm.... So, I am very sorry for my forgetfulness... and hopefully I'll be trying to keep it going and make time for it. I'm stupid. I'm sorry.

This post is all about showing, you know, your favourite things... that week. Favourite cover, favourite book, favourite series, favourite author, anything book-ish I guess. :D

Feel free to join in and leave a link to your post in the comments!
--------------------------------
Favourite Cover:
Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo - June 17, 2014
I love the way it's simplistic, but at the same times it's not. Absolutely love that this is a brilliant and fierce ruby colour it will sit beautifully next to Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm. Also, I cannon wait to see how it all ends. The ending to S&S left me dead, I swear.
--------------------------------
Favourite Book that I've Read:
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
I can't put into actual words how much I am addicted to this book after reading it for six hours straight on Monday. It was simply an amazing installment and the best book yet in the series as we get to meet Cress and see her breakthrough the charismatic exterior of Thorne, but also Cinder, Kai, Wolf and Scarlet. Dayum, can I have Winter? My review will be out tomorrow so check back then!
------------------------------
Favourit Romance:
Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
Boundless (Unearthly #3) by Cynthia Hand - January 2, 2013
I finished this book on Tuesday and.. I just can't believe it's over. I read Unearthly in 2011 and it was my first YA book, and it was the book that got me into the genre. And then I waited two years after reading Hallowed to finally read this. OMG. I was not sure at all about Team Christian or Team Tucker... I was so torn. I think I still am. But I'm glad that Cynthia found a way to make it work. I adore the characters and I wish there could be an epilogue epilogue (an epilogue after the epilogue) because I don't want to leave this amazing world of angels. :( My review should be up in the next few weeks.
------------------------------
Favourite Title:
Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles, #1)
Perfect Ruin (The Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano - October 3, 2013
Perfect. Ruin. It's a great contradiction. I love it!
------------------------------
Favourite Movie:
Divergent - Shailene Woodley | Theo James - April, 2014
I went to see this movie on Wednesday and I really liked it! The actors portrayed the characters very well. I cannot wait to see what they do with the sequel as I didn't actually like the book as much as the first.

Enjoy your books,
Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment