Monday 16 July 2012

My review of Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry #2) by Simone Elkeles
Release Date: April 13, 2010
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository


Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2)When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for the past year, he doesn't want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him in Colorado. When he meets Kiara Westford, a good girl totally unlike any of the girls he's usually drawn to, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she's too good for him. But will he put his pride aside when he realizes that being with Kiara might finally allow him to be his true self?


Rules of Attraction is the sequel to Perfect Chemistry, a fan favorite around the world. Full of to-die-for romance and exciting characters, fans of the first book will eat this one up!


This book is about Alex's younger brother, Carlos, who just can't stop getting into trouble. Carlos Fuentes is sent to live with his brother in America with specific orders from his mother to not get into any trouble. But when he meets Kiara Westford, a good girl with nothing but good grades, Carlos can't help but feel drawn to her. Carlos knows he could never have her but no one can stop him from going after what he wants after he's set his eye his prey.


After I found out that Perfect Chemistry had a sequel I just had to read it. I never expected to enjoy this one as much as the first, but I did. Carlos Fuentes is just as entertaining and good-looking as Alex. It was great to see that Alex and Brittany still play a part in the story. And the plot? It will keep you hooked until the end. The romance? Unforgettable.


I really enjoyed the characters in this book; they were all so funny and made me laugh hysterically! Simone Elkeles really does know how to develop some lovable characters. I fell in love with all of them, especially Kiara. She's strong and trusting, she tries her best in everything she does and will stand up for what she thinks is right. I loved reading about her relationship with Carlos. He is an ENDLESS flirt! That's definitely one thing I love about the Fuentes brothers. I liked how Kiara and Carlos got to know each other and bonded throughout the book.

If you have not heard of Simone Elkeles or read any of her books then this is all I have to say to you: WHAT PLANET HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING ON?! She is one of the best YA contemporary authors around. Be ASHAMED!


Overall, Rules of Attraction is a very worthy sequel that I think all fans of YA contemporary should buy and read as soon as possible, but I would advise you to read the first book to get to know the characters a bit better.

Rating

10 comments:

  1. Haha I agree. Go grab that book if you haven't read it!!! I liked this entire series and thought that the first was as good as the last!! And that romance, *fans face* really thought Simone Elkles is a genius ;) great review Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the books in this series yet, although they are definitely on my TBR list! After reading your review I am even more excited for them - great job! I can't wait to get my hands on them! Glad to hear you loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book yet, but I want too! I loved Perfect Chemistry, so I hope I'll like this one!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read this series. It sounds really good. Awesome review!! I will have to move these books up my list to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carlos is a lot of fun :)
    I hope you enjoy the third book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a book that can make me laugh while having touched your heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Rules of Attraction but I really love first book in the series perfect chemistry, maybe I would love this book like perfect chemistry (#1)... great review^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first book! Hope I will enjoy this on as much if not more

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read the first series ...i haven't read this one...i will buy from TBD :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review.And I agree with you,Simone Elkeles is one of the best YA authors ever.
    This is my favourite of the series.The romance was so wonderful and this book was a lot funnier too.Especially Kiara's best friend Tuck and Carlos' fights were hilarious.

    ReplyDelete