Monday 17 March 2014

My review of Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks #3) by Miranda Kenneally
Release Date: March 1, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt--with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…


Things I Can't Forget is a companion novel to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker,  and the third book in the Hundred Oaks series. I've loved this series from book one, I adore every one of the characters that have been introduced so far in this wonderful contemporary journey and I want to praise Kenneally for ability to tackle different difficult issues. In this case: religion.

Kate is a Christian and obeys the rules, and this summer is not going to be any different. When she goes back to Cumberland Creek camp as a counselor, she doesn't think that there's anything that could take her guilt collected over the previous months away, until she realises that Matt is back. Matt was her first kiss years ago. But he's different now and puberty has done him good. Kate finds herself fighting against her desires and her faith towards God.

I liked the story line, the majority of characters and the amazing setting of Cumberland Creek that offered so much to explore. I liked that we get to see both Jordan and Parker along with their boyfriends Sam and Will, and how they are intertwined into the plot.

I had a bit of an issue with Kate. I don't mind reading books with religion, I just find it hard to connect and relate to that character, and I know that this is an issue for some other as well. Nevertheless, she was sweet and her wit complimented Matt's charm. *Dreamy sigh*
He was adorable and sweet and innocent and lovely. He made me laugh, smile and gave me just as many butterflies as he gave Kate. It's impossible not to like him.

Overall, Things I Can't Forget is a great and solid novel that compliments and is a brilliant addition to the heart-warming Hundred Oaks series. If you're looking for a set of good contemporary novels with lovable characters and tricky plot situations, pick up this series.
Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment