Monday 19 November 2012

My review of Unravelling

Unravelling (Unravelling #1) by Elizabeth Norris
Release Date: June 7, 2012 
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Unravelling (Unravelling, #1)STOP THE COUNTDOWN. SAVE THE WORLD…

Leaving the beach, seventeen-year-old Janelle Tenner is hit head on by a pickup truck.

And killed.

Then Ben Michaels, resident stoner, is leaning over her. And even though it isn’t possible, she knows Ben somehow brought her back to life…

Meanwhile, Janelle’s father, a special agent for the FBI, starts working on a case that seems strangely connected to Ben. Digging in his files, Janelle finds a mysterious device – one that seems to be counting down to something that will happen in 23 days and 10 hours time.

That something? It might just be the end of the world. And if Janelle wants to stop it, she’s going to need to uncover Ben’s secrets – and keep from falling in love with him in the process…


Woah. That was just... Wow. Unravelling wasn't anything like I expected it to be! The plot was out of this world and the romance was incredible. This is one of the best books I've read this year.
image
Unravelling is one of those books which have epic twists and surprises that you will never predict coming. The book also contains a load of kick-ass action which will really satisfy those craving for it. 

The book is about a girl named Janelle who is hit by a car and dies. Well, she's pretty sure that she was dead before she opened her eyes and saw the school's stoner, Ben Michaels, leaning over her. On top of trying to gorge the truth of what happened out of him, Janelle also has to deal with her FBI father's case that she knows is somehow connected to Ben. She searches his office and finds a device that is counting down to something that is going to happen in 23 days and 10 hours time. Janelle and her best friend Alex have to try to stop the device, but she will need the help of Ben to tell her what he knows. Before they all die.

I can not criticize this book at all. The writing flowed effortlessly, the characters were entertaining and realistic, the suspense was incredible and the overall plot was well thought-out. There were some really funny moments between Janelle and Ben that were hilarious. Janelle was an awesome character to read about and I loved reading through her thoughts. Especially those occasional naughty thoughts of Ben. *Wink*

If Unravelling were to become a movie, I think it would be highly successful! There is drama, there is action, there is thriller, there is mystery and there is romance! What more could you want? 

I would recommend Unravelling to all of you out there who simply love YA in one of it's best forms. When you finish I guarantee that you will be desperate for the sequel that I believe is called Unbreakable. Pick up this book as soon as you can!
Rating

8 comments:

  1. I really can't wait to get my greedy little hands on a copy of the sequel and I'm very happy you liked UNRAVELING just as much as I did. Great review! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    P.s.: YAY! for Barney. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good? Hmmm...for some reason I stayed away from this book. Maybe because of the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t had a chance to pick this up from my library, it is always checked out. I see why now. It sounds really good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I really wanted to read this book but every time I saw it I was so turned off by the cover (not the one shown) that I kind of lost interest. I know that's horrible to say. I'll definitely have to read it now, and maybe manage to get a copy with the cover shown. It's so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my kind of read! Thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unraveling is up there on my list of best books of the year. I absolutely loved every sentence on every single page. I went through so many different emotions while reading this book. I was IN this book, right along with the other characters. I love Janelle, I love Ben, I adore and love Alex. I can't wait for Unbreakable. I have no doubt it will be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ouch I just remember I won this book and have not read it, your review make curious, i will read it soon *so shy and feel so sorry for the author that has sent me the book but i have not read it yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another 2012 book that are new for me. This is the first time I saw it. When I check in Goodreads, almost all my friends give 5 stars for it. It makes me curios.

    ReplyDelete