Monday 12 November 2012

My review of Echo

Echo (Soul Seekers #2) by Alyson Noel
Release Date: November 13, 2012
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Echo (Soul Seekers, #2) Santos just saved her grandmother's life—and her soul. But at a cost. The Richters, a dark family of sorcerers, have been let loose in the Lowerworld, and Daire and her boyfriend, Dace, must once again work together to find them before they upset the balance between good and evil, and destroy not only their small town in New Mexico, but the entire world.
 
As Daire and Dace's relationship deepens, Dace’s evil brother Cade grows stronger than ever, building his power and forcing Daire to confront the horrifying prophecy that has brought them all together. One that will leave Daire no choice but to claim her true destiny as Seeker, but only by making an unthinkable sacrifice for the greater good of all.


Echo is the second book in the Soul Seekers series that will leave readers prepared for the next book. If you are a fan of forbidden romance and dark magic then definitely check this series out.

Echo is centred around Dace and Daire's doomed relationship and how they must find a way to stop Dace's twin brother, Cade, from taking over not only their small town in New Mexico, but the entire world. At the beginning of the book, everything is find and Daire is enjoying her time with her gorgeous boyfriend, Dace. But then the novel takes a darker root when Cade appears and seems to be stronger than ever, Daire knows that it is time to confront the prophecy that brought them together in the first place before her relationship with Dace is ruined and the world is left in tatters.

I enjoyed Echo and thought that it had a clearer story line that Fated. The characters were a lot more interesting than they were in the previous book, and we even meet a few new ones that really spiced up Dace and Daire's relationship. I also liked the fact that this book was told from Dace's POV as well because I think I would have gotten bored from staying in Daire's head for too long.

Alyson Noel has a unique writing style that is very descriptive; I'm sure that some readers are not a fan of this, but once you get into the story it becomes easier to handle and understand.

Even though I felt that Echo was lacking that wow-factor, I still thought it was a good read and will happily read the next book, Mystic, to see where the story leads and to see what surprises the author can throw in. 
Rating
- Thank you St Martins Griffin for providing me with a review copy.

4 comments:

  1. I read the first few books of the Evermore series, they were enjoyable at first but seemed to lose some of it as it went. Seems like this series is suffering the same problems. Sigh. I have so many books that I am going crazy to read. I think I will have to pass this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Alyson Noel's first series, but for some reason I haven't checked out any of the other books she has written. I have heard very mixed things about this series thus far, but seeing how I like dark magic and a wee bit of forbidden romance, I think I might like this one. When I finally get my TBR pile to a minimum I might just check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evermore books are in the same category as Fallen and House of Night books-I don't like them. And that is the only reason I still haven't picked up Soul Seekers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've only ever read one of Alyson Noel's contemporary books but I was initially interested in reading this series. I don't know that I'm so into it now though, I know her books aren't for everyone and I have so many other books to read that I really want to get to.

    ReplyDelete