Monday 26 November 2012

My review of Deity

Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: November 6, 2012
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Deity (Covenant, #3)"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "



Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 


If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

Deity is the third book in the engrossing Covenant series. Once again, full of action, romance and endless dilemmas getting in the way of a happy ending, get ready for another explosive Covenant book!

Alex is on her way to becoming an Apollyon, her eighteenth birthday is fast-approaching and she is hiding a big secret. She killed a Pure and Aiden helped cover it up. If the Council ever found what she did she'd be worse than dead. Seth isn't helping either. He's either away or trying to convince Alex that becoming an Apollyon is the way forward. Alex is caught between two guys, and at the same time trying to change the prophecy that might mean the end of mankind.

 I have been waiting for Deity for such a long time and, like I was hoping, it didn't disappoint! When I started it, I was 100% team Seth, but after a few chapters everything changes. Seth's hiding a hundred and one secrets and there's drama everywhere. Overtime, my heart changed course and went to Aiden. Hmm, so yes, I am now team Aiden! WOO! I'm sure that most readers who were team Seth will seriously consider converting because Deity holds some absolutely SHOCKING twists that, I'm sure, will blow your mind. I never saw it coming. At all.
The last half of the book is literally an emotional roller coaster, and of course that roller coaster leads to a breath-taking ending that will positively leave readers absolutely desperate for the next book. It seems that Jennifer likes to leave us in suspense with all her books! The ending to Onyx (Lux #2) should have been outlawed. You simply can't leave a reader in an emotional wreck like that!
image
For people who have not read or heard of the Covenant series and like Greek myths with a side of romance then you must check this series out as soon as possible! The plot will hook you in and will not let you run away until you have read the entire thing. And the romance! How could I not win you over by gushing about the romance! Alex has the impossible choice of following her heart or following what the people around believe is right. Aiden is a protective, kind and strong guy who is always watching her back. Alex feels her falling for him a little more every time he opens up to her. But he's a Pure. And Pures are off limits to to Half-Bloods like Alex. Then there is also the matter of Seth, who turns up out of the blue and changes Alex's life. Everyone expects Alex to be with Seth because of who and what he is, but she isn't quite sure.

A great addition to the Covenant series! I can not wait to see what Jennifer has in store for Apollyon, but I do know that there will be a whole load more romance, action and God trouble!
Rating

8 comments:

  1. Love this review. Thanks for sharing. I think to read this book soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY must hurry up and read the second and third books so that I can get to Deity. It is crazy how much people love this book. This whole series really, but this book especially. I loved your review! And the second gif. Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm barley reading the first book and am loving it so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my. The third book already? I even haven't started the prequel >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a chance to sit down and read it yet, but I can't wait to see what the twist is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read it, stalked the publishing site for Elixir, and now I'm trying to be able to wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JLA seriously knows how to write a good series with suspense and romance! And cliffhangers! AHHHHHHHHH! Can't wait for the next one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Review! I love Deity and I can't wait for Apollyon!

    ReplyDelete