Tuesday 12 March 2013

Teaser Tuesday (5)


Hey,

This is a weekly bookish meme is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
----------------------------------------------
To participate you:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
---------------------------------------------
My teasers this week are from When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle. Well, they're my favourite quotes out of the book too. ;)

'Len turns to me, and he's looking at me so intensely, I think he might have just sucked the air out of my lungs. All of a sudden I feel like I can't breathe. "Sometimes," he starts, "the hardest part about letting someone go is realising you were never meant to have them."' - Page 183

'"Do you see that?" he says.
"There's nothing there," I whisper. "Just clouds."
Len shakes his head. "It's Andromeda," he says. " A princess from a Greek legend. She was chained to a rock in the ocean to die, and Perseus saved her. It's a spiral galaxy, just like the Milky Way."
"But it's not night yet," I say. "The stars aren't out."
"Of course they are." He smiles and pulls me closer. "Just because you can't see things sometimes doesn't mean they're not there."' - Page 329

I hoped you liked those teasers! This is a modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet, but in Rosaline's POV. Rosaline is the girl that Romeo loved before Juliet, in case you didn't know. You can check out the book HERE! My review will be up in the next few weeks!

Enjoy your week,
Sam :)

2 comments:

  1. I really like this line: "Just because you can't see things sometimes doesn't mean they're not there." It's so true! Great teasers. Check out ours: http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tueday-6.html
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...so sweet! I haven't heard of this one; I'll have to check it out.

    Jennifer
    My TT

    ReplyDelete