Monday 11 March 2013

My review of The Indigo Spell

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead
Release Date: February 12, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

The Indigo Spell is the third thrilling installment to the urban fantasy spin-off series, Bloodlines. After a shocking and heart-breaking ending from The Golden Lily, The Indigo Spell is back with a BOOM! Action, mysteries, romance and plenty of magic awaits.

Sydney is struggling to remember and act on her Alchemist teachings due to her ever growing relationship with the forbidden Moroi, Adrian Ivashkov. Though no matter how she hard she tries to shut him out and deny her feelings for him, he is still willing to help her find Marcus Finch. A runaway Alchemist with more secrets to share than a teenage girl's diary. On top of trying to work out what is the truth and what is not from what she has been taught, Sydney also has to deal with an evil magic user in the nearby state who has been targeting young witches, and Sydney may just be next on the list.

I have been waiting for this book, for what seems like a year, and I really couldn't have enjoyed it more. This book is the turning point, I think. We have left the world of Vampire Academy completely, and are now focusing on the magical elements, which I think is pretty interesting! Sydney is slowly realising that maybe what she's been taught by the Alchemists isn't necessarily true, and she is testing her magic out like never before. Yes, we see kickbutt spells being performed and put into action by the one and only Sydney Sage, who in the book "Bloodlines" was too scared to even be near magic! 

And of course we can't carry on without dedicating a paragraph to the wonderful, gorgeous, crazy, and totally lovable, Adrian Ivashkov! We all know that he is after our main girl Sydney? And that The Golden Lily pretty much broke both his heart and ours. Well, Richelle Mead has served us this exquisite novel that gives a little more page space to Sydney and Adrian. Completely fine with me. The two are as funny and as adorable as they were in the previous books, maybe even more so. 

The Indigo Spell introduces new characters with entertaining personalities and bit roles to fill in the plot. Not only that, but a lot more danger is introduced and there are most obstacles for Sydney to get through using her magic. It brings a bit more action and mystery, which totally spices up the book.

The Indigo Spell is an incredible installment that I'm sure fans will love, enjoy and cherish until the next book The Fiery Heart is available.
Rating
A copy was provided by the publisher. Thank you, Penguin!

6 comments:

  1. I thought I had also written a review that expounded on the awesomeness of Adrian, but I guess I only wrote it in my head. I agree with most of this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this great review.
    I really should read this serie.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read this series yet, so all i know about this series just from review. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is on my TBR shelf right now. Must did it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I haven't read this one yet, but I am glad you liked it I have been reading many mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Review! I've been puting off reading this series! I've read the VA series and LOVED it, So this series is next on my TBR list!

    Thanks for the giveaway! :-)

    ReplyDelete