Monday 18 March 2013

My review of Ferryman

Ferryman by Claire McFall
FerrymanRelease Date: April, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

When Dylan emerges from the wreckage of a train crash onto a bleak Scottish hillside, she meets a strange boy who seems to be waiting for her.


But Tristan is no ordinary teenage boy, and the journey across the desolate, wraith infested wasteland is no ordinary journey.
Life, death, love-which will Dylan choose?


Ferryman is definitely "a love story like no other". Prepare to embark on a magical and action-packed journey with two wonderful characters as they fight their way to the finishing line of a soul-infested wasteland.

Dylan is on her way to meet her dad for the first time when everything goes black. She wakes up in the wrecked train and struggles to understand what is going on. Until she sees a boy sitting a few yards away and asks for help. What she doesn't know is that this boy is waiting for her. His name is Tristan and he's her ferryman. With a job to take her to the next life.

I really didn't know what to expect when I read the blurb for this book. I thought it was some strange contemporary novel, but I couldn't have been more wrong! Ferryman starts off ordinary, but then slips abruptly into a fantasy land where no one is safe. The story was completely unpredictable and I got lost in the exciting plot and mysterious characters.

Dylan isn't strong or independent. In my eyes, she is weak and a little needy, but that hardly matters when the overall plot is magnificent. When we meet Tristan, a mysterious boy with not much to say, the whole plot takes a dramatic turn. Throughout the novel, Tristan shares personal information with Dylan; his secrets, his hopes and his dreams. We get to know him on a deeper level and you won't be able to stop yourself from falling for his innocent and boyish charm.

Ferryman is a unique and daring novel that will absorb readers in a matter of chapters. I can't wait to read more from Claire McFall!
Rating
- A review copy was provided by Templar Publishing

3 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this before but it sounds super interesting. I'm going to add to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of the book before. Very nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ever heard of this book either, but it sounds like a really good read. I like the fantasy aspect of the story.

    ReplyDelete