Monday 7 April 2014

My review of Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions #2) by Louise Rozett
Release Date: June 25, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository


Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...

...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.


When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend is not a lighthearted contemporary like you may be expecting. Instead, it's filled with plenty of mature and completely real issues that some teenagers have to go through. If you enjoyed the first book, Confessions of an Angry Girl, you will love this book even more.

For me, I didn't really like the first book, to be completely honest. I just didn't find the characters or storyline appealing. However, in this sequel, the characters have slightly matured and there is a better plot that I found much more interesting.

Rose's father died over a year ago and she's still learning to cope in his absence. Her brother has gone off to do who knows what, and Jamie, the boy who drove her crazy last year is back on the scene. With his mixed signals, Rose is not sure where she stands in his books. His friend? His girlfriend? No one really knows. But Rose has to become a stronger and wiser version of herself if she wants to get through the year without getting hurt.

One thing that did really annoy me though was Jamie Forta. Now, he is meant to be this incredible guy, but all he did was get on my nerves. Well, at points he was actually sweet and swoon worthy, but his mixed signals towards Rose made me want to punch him in the face. One minute it's: "Rose, I want to be with you!" and the next it's: "Er, sorry babes, I'm not ready for this." 
image
And after the ending that Rozett left us with, I really want to know what happens between Jamie and Rose because I can tell that, if there is going to be another book, things are gonna get pretty intense! Adding on to that: I hope there WILL be another book because despite the few points that really annoy me, I actually want to know how it all ends. I want to see how Rose deals with different situations.

Full of serious teenager drama and romance, Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend expresses all the anger and frustration that teenagers may go through. Oh the joys of growing up. I can't wait to read more of Rose's story.
Rating
A review copy was provided by Mira INK

No comments:

Post a Comment