Wednesday 12 December 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (29)

Hello there,

This week I'm waiting for...
Hurt
Hurt by Tabitha Suzuma
Release Date: 2013
Why? is the burning question on everyone’s lips. Why would a guy like Mathéo Walsh want to die? At seventeen, he is Britain’s most promising diving champion. He is a heartthrob, a straight A student and lives in one of the wealthiest areas of London. He has great mates and is the envy of everyone around him. And most importantly of all, he is deeply in love with his girlfriend, Lola. He has always been a stable, well-adjusted guy...

Until one weekend. A weekend he cannot seem to remember. All he knows is that he has come back a changed person. One who no longer knows how to have fun, no longer wants to spend time with his friends, no longer enjoys diving. Something terrible happened that weekend – something violent and bloody and twisted. He no longer knows who he is. He no longer trusts himself around people: he only wants to hurt, wound and destroy. Slowly, he begins to piece back the buried, fragmented memories, and finds himself staring at the reflection of a monster.

Tormented, Mathéo suddenly finds himself faced with the most devastating choice of his life. Keep his secret, and put those closest to him in terrible danger. Or confess, and lose Lola forever...


The only word I can use to describe this book is: Depressing. I mean, Tabitha's last book "Forbidden" left me in a state of depression and sadness for about a week...
Nonetheless, I did enjoy her previous book and I'm looking forward to the surprises that I'm sure will spring up in this book. Oh, and how could I forget to describe the cover? That is one good looking boy... *Sigh* I hope he appears on many more book covers because I could get used to seeing his face more... *Dreamy look*
image
That's my pick for this week! Make sure you leave a link in the comments to your WoW post so I can check it out.

Have a great week,
Sam :D

3 comments:

  1. I love that cover! But that´s probably because of that boy :)
    I haven't read Forbidden, but I'm really interested in Hurt. The synopsis is really intriguing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I'm so looking forward to this one - AND the cover makes it even more attractive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, this definitely sounds depressing. I love dark, mysterious contemporaries so I'm definitely excited to read this. x]

    ReplyDelete