Monday 24 September 2012

My review of The Forsaken

The Forsaken (The Forsaken #1) by Lisa M. Stasse
Release Date: August 2, 2012
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1)Alenna Shawcross is a sixteen-year-old orphan growing up in a police state formed from the ashes of Canada, the US and Mexico after a global economic meltdown. 

But when she unexpectedly fails ‘the test’ - a government initiative which supposedly identifies teens destined to be criminals - she wakes up alone on a remote island reserved for the criminally insane. 

Terrified and confused, she soon encounters a group of other teen survivors battling to stay alive, including Liam, a boy who will become her love... and her lifeline. 

Soon Alenna makes the terrifying discovery that there’s more to the island (and her past) than she could ever have guessed... But who can she trust? And can she ever escape?


The Forsaken has been compared to The Hunger Games quite a lot and, in some ways, I do agree with that, but it does have a very unique plot and a series of crazy events that can only be summed up as an amazing adventure.

When you are sixteen years-old, you are required to take a test that will identify whether you are destined to be a criminal. Those unlucky teens are sent to a deadly island full of the previous teens before them, who have most likely gone insane. And that's exactly where Alenna Shawcrass has been sent to. She has to learn how to survive, who to trust and figure a way to get off the island with the help from Liam, a boy who she might be falling for, before it's too late.

The Forsaken was very, very good! I enjoyed the mystery, the action, the romance and just the whole epic adventure! The book had me from the first page and I finished it in one good sitting. The characters were great, they all had interesting personalities and crazy secrets that were just simply unpredictable and changed the story line dramatically. 

I knew I would love this book from the moment I read the blurb. I love the whole idea of being stranded on an island and trying to survive, it's just so exciting!! This book did not disappoint. The main character, Alenna, had to learn to trust and survive in the deep in the jungle with attacks from the dangerous opposing tribe.

The Forsaken is definitely worth checking out if you love the dystopian or thriller genre. I can not wait to read The Uprising, which is the next exciting installment.
Rating
 
- A review copy was provided by the publisher. Thank you Hachette Children's Books!

7 comments:

  1. Wow- great review! Definitely adding this to my tbr :)

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I borrowed this one from the library last week. Can't wait to get to it. Sounds awesome. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I really did like The Forsaken. A lot actually. Until the end, and then for me, it just got a little too ( a lot too!) out there. I hope that she brings it back down to earth a tiny bit in the sequel. Which I will definitely be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome. Kinda like the hunger games. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a fantastic book review, that was most interesting. I am definately adding this book to my to-read list. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cover. The story of The Forsaken could be a great screenplay for movie. I am very curious about this book, it sounds very interesting!
    Artemis

    ReplyDelete
  7. thx u for the review...i already bought the forsaken from TBD...still wait the book from coming :)

    ReplyDelete