Friday 5 October 2012

Now Is Good

Hey,

On September 22nd (last week), my friends and I went out to see Now Is Good, which is based on the bestselling novel, Before I Die by Jenny Downham.
Film | Book
Synopsis:
Tessa has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, drugs with excruciating side-effects, Tessa compiles a list. It’s her To Do Before I Die list. And number one is Sex. Released from the constraints of ‘normal’ life, Tessa tastes new experiences to make her feel alive while her failing body struggles to keep up. Tessa’s feelings, her relationships with her father and brother, her estranged mother, her best friend, and her new boyfriend, all are painfully crystallised in the precious weeks before Tessa’s time finally runs out.

It was very, VERY sad and my friends and I cried A LOT. There was 2 other people in the cinema with us and they had to put up with horrendous, ugly sobbing!
image
The film came out on the September 19th in the UK and I'm not sure whether it's going to be released in the US, but it's definitely worth buying the DVD if you've read the book and loved it!

The movie stars Dakota Fanning and Jeremy Irvine:

This is how my friends and I reacted throughout the film.
Start:
 image
5 minutes in:
image
15 mintues in:
When we meet Adam (Jeremy Irvine):
image
image
30 minutes in:
1 hour in:
Near the end:
image
5 minutes until the end:
image
20 seconds until the end:
image
10 seconds until the end:
image
The end:
image
image
And guess what? When I looked over at the two other people on the other row, they were looking at us like this:
image
Okay, that's my rant over! If you want a sad movie definitely watch this one.

Have a great week,
Sam :D

6 comments:

  1. OMG. The same thing happened to me during Elizabethtown, only with someone I used to be friends with. I was the one crying and she was like unaffected. It was just beyond me. I know this one will be A Walk To Remember all over again for me, only worse, but I do love a great sad movie.

    Jessica @ Thoughts At One In The Morning
    ~The Book Love Giveaway Hop Sign Ups~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just read Slammed by Colleen Hoover, about to write my review for book 2 Point of Retreat and then I see this posting. Looks a gorgeous but sad movie.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is one heck of a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I want to see this so bad! I love Dakota Fanning and I still need to read this book.

    Great post! Love the gifs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post! I was laughing endlessly! SOOO gonna watch this movie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the book, but I am so glad that I read this post. IT made me laugh loudly. Especially the Judging Extra Hard part. Yeah, this happens to me a lot. I am a crier, happy and sad.

    ReplyDelete