Tuesday 5 June 2012

My review of Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber
Release Date: May 10, 2012
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon

EasyWhen Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


Easy is a young-adult novel that deals with realistic and emotional situations that some authors might not be brave enough to take on. A book that will shock you but also make you smile.

Easy deals with situations like break-ups, relationships and rape. This book is not for the faint-hearted!


I really enjoyed the plot and the characters in this book! Jacqueline is one of those ordinary girls who just wants to do well in life. Lucas is mysterious with a wardrobe full of secrets. They're complete opposites who meet in the most unpredictable way. 

I fell in love with their personalities and admired them for their actions. Easy has a bunch of characters that will make you laugh, smile and brighten up your day!

The book had action, comedy and a whole load of romance. This is a stunningly written novel by the popular kindle-teen-choice Tammara Webber. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a break from the paranormal genre or anyone who wants an exciting contemporary.
Rating

13 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this for the longest time! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need to get myself a copy of this book, it looks amazing! Thanks for the great review. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stalker + two other guys. Sounds good to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, loved this book!!!! I can't wait to read more of her novels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful review Sam!! :) Finally I know what this book is about :) And it's spoiler free which is awesome! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the cover so many times but never really interested what the story is about but then i read your review and the story seems interesting. I really like contemporary YA and definitely will try to read this. Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tamara Webber and I really love New Adult, so this is great:)

    The characters all sound real and likeable:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh! This book looks so good. I've been wanting to read this for some time since I added it to my TBR list. <3 Good to hear that the characters are enjoyable to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of this book but the summary sounds really good. I would like to read it also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like such a good book! I'm putting it on my lists of books to read this summer! Thanks for the review (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammara Webber has this amazing ability to craft these remarkable and hard-to-get-out-of-your-head stories. Her writing gushes raw emotion and there were multiple times in Easy when I myself cried and plenty of times that I laughed and smiled. I absolutely love her Between the Lines books, especially Good For You, and I have been anticipating reading Easy since I first heard about it. Tammara hits on a difficult issue in this book, one not to be taken lightly, and does a phenomenal job stressing the importance of getting help and standing up for yourself.

    Easy begins with a bang, the author immediately dives into her hold nothing back tale of issues, romance, and strength carefully and it's wonderfully done. I read Almost by Anne Eliot a few months back and those that have read and enjoyed that one should definitely check this one out, but so should everyone else as well. It's a story about being strong and believing in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love a book that can both make you cry and laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete