Friday 9 March 2012

My review of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: January 2nd, 2012

An adorable book that will lead you to believe that love at first sight is possible.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightWho would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is an entertaining and light read that anyone can enjoy. It covers issues like divorce, re-marrying, friendships, etc. All in all this book has it all. It might not be a paranormal romance, but who cares? This is a kick-ass book that will have you believing in fate and meeting your true love at an airport!

The characters were delightful, they were real and definitely realistic. Some authors make their characters TOO perfect. Everyone needs flaws, and that counts for the boys as well! Jennifer is not one of them authors. The girl wasn't perfect and neither was the boy, which I loved. I loved how the boy had crumbs down his shirt when the girl first saw him. I loved how the girl was unique in her own way. And damn, they are just perfect for each other.

Hadley is late for her plane, only 4 minutes. But those 4 minutes changed everything. If she hadn't missed her place she would have looked better at her father's wedding, she wouldn't have had to sit at the airport for an extra 3 hours. If she hadn't missed her plane, she wouldn't have met Oliver. Oliver, a charming British boy who studies at Yale. He has Hadley forgetting about her fears and ready to face the wedding that she has been dreading.

I completely fell for Oliver's likable personality and easy smiles. He is just so amazing. I wish a boy could be that funny, that nice and that stunning. He's like a light that burns too bright. He's not perfect, like I said, he has his flaws, but he just feels so real!

I got lost in the pages of this wonderful adventure. Who knew sitting on a plane for 6 hours could be so exciting? And fun? And who would have ever thought that you'd find your true love? On a plane of all places! Hadley was a great young girl to read about. She has a lot of pain trapped inside of her and she's still trying to find a way of letting in out. It's been hard for her. To have the perfect parents, and then to have one work thousands of miles away and then discover that he doesn't love your mother anymore? I can't begin to imagine how much that affected Hadley. But if you think about, if her dad had never divorced her mother then she wouldn't be going to her dad's wedding in England, and she wouldn't have met Oliver. So, maybe it is fate/destiny/whatever.

This is a stunning love story that will leave you satisfied and happy. Overall, a pleasant and enjoyable book that I can't help but re-read over and over again. Jennifer E. Smith has written a beautiful novel and I need to read more of her works! 
Rating
- Special thanks to Kat from The Aussie Zombie for sending me a RAK of this!

19 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this around the blog block lately and it looks like a good in-between read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! This looks like a book I'd enjoy reading! The idea of love at the first sight is really cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good and I can't wait to read it! There's so many good reviews about it, which just makes me want it even more. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bests things that u mention that only make wme wanna needs thiiz book more :P

    "Some authors make their characters TOO perfect. Everyone needs flaws, and that counts for the boys as well! Jenniffer is not one of these authors. The girl wasn't perfect and neither was the boy, which I loved."

    I really these light readings like this for a while (shall start with Carries diaries) because since January i've been reading desnse/intense drama/dystopian/whatever-but-very-intense books and I NEED light and lovely readings as well. Thanks for the recommendation xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome when we fall in love with characters even though they're flawed and not perfect. That makes everything so much better!

    Thanks for the review! It really highlights all the awesomeness of this book, and makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review^^ and you gave 5 falling books.. it's sounds great, right :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the author made the characters believable :D It's better than having a Mary Sue ._.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this book a lot around Valentines but I never got around to read the description or a review. Yours is the first I read and I really like what I'm reading. I would love to have the book. It definitely sounds like something I would like. Thank you for the great review and for bringing the book to our(my) attention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your review, especially about the characters. It sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine Siborutorop13 March 2012 at 09:05

    Great review! I love how the story tells about destiny! And it all happen on an airplane! How cool is that?
    I've been dreading to read this book. But it hasn't come up to my bookshop, yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is awesome! I've read it not so long ago, and I couldn't put it down! It gives me hope love at the first sight really exists =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds really good. I look forward to reading but I have not at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read this book yet- but I like that it is a fast read. I also like that it involves twist of fates. Your review is excellent and made me interested in this book. :)

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover!
    The Book sounds really amazing!
    I want to read it so much!
    Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, pleeeease! Just read your review makes me die a little for every minute that passes without me reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. rad review
    hoping 2 read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. this seems so cute.
    I also love the idea of main characters that are not perfect at all. It makes them feel so real.
    And the story seems so cute. Totally the type of story i would love so much.
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like a really cute book, I've heard good things about it. I'll have to check for it at my library (Or win it in your giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I first heard of this book during the Love in Bloom Giveaway Hop and am excited to read the story. It sounds good!

    Thank you for the review.

    Best Wishes,
    Lindsey V.

    ReplyDelete