Monday 13 October 2014

Authors Who Just Won't Let You Down: Julie Kagawa

Hello there!

Today I'm bringing you a slightly different type of post. You all know how I love to ramble on so I thought why not ramble about awesome authors who churn out book after book and never let you down with the bar it sets each time. I thought this could be a mini-series on the blog to break up the reviews and meme posts with something exciting. Who knows, I might even manage to convince you to go over and check out the author and their books. And if you've already read some of the books by the author, let us all know what you think about both the book and author in the comments.

This week it's all about Julie Kagawa, the badass author of the Iron Fey series and so many more fantasy series that will not fail to blow you away.
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
It all started with The Iron King where Kagawa first throws us into this crazy and absolutely wondrous world of the Fey. Readers will find it hard not to love the series' heroine Meghan and the other characters she comes to meet along the way. Before we go on you must all know that Julie Kagawa is tremendously brilliant at writing action scenes and I always feel my heart speed up when I feel a fight breaking out.

The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen further carries the story through of how Meghan actually plays a very important role in the world of the Fey. However, The Iron Knight is told from the point of view of our extremely hot Ash, Prince of the Unseelie court. Yes! It is one of the best books so if you have not read these books, you've got to! And make sure you get all the way to the last book.

Luckily for the fans who were addicted and couldn't imagine leaving their favourite characters behind when the series finished, Julie Kagawa brought out a spin-off series starring Meghan's brother Ethan. And, believe me y'all, it's good stuff.
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
There's two books so far. The Lost Prince and The Iron Traitor, and the third book The Forgotten Crown will be released in 2015 so you have plenty of time to catch up before it comes out. I'm not too sure whether this will be the last book in the series, but I also wouldn't mind more. ;)

But Julie Kagawa doesn't just do Fey! SHE DOES VAMPIRES TOO... AND... DRAGONS.

First off her vampire trilogy called Blood of Eden. This is set in a crazy fantasy world where the vampires rule over the humans and use them as slaves. The story is told from the point of view of Allison who is human and lives outside of the walls of the vampire city and eventually gets bitten. She needs a cure and to find the magical cure that has been the subject of many legends, she needs someone, some people, who know how to find it. So when she finds a group she needs to conceal her monstrous side for as long as possible.
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
The first book is called The Immortal Rules, the sequel is The Eternity Cure and the finale is The Forever Song. In this trilogy, I love how it's a bit darker than the Fey series and we can explore a whole new world that no one is familiar with and there are surprises around every corner. I have yet to read The Forever Song but I know it is going to be AMAZEBALLS. (Don't tell me what happens!)

 As for Julie Kagawa's dragon series, that is called Talon.
Talon (Talon, #1)
I'm so very excited about this new series as it sounds like Firelight by Sophie Jordan, but I know that Julie Kagawa will make the story so different. Talon will be available on October 28th and there are going to be 5 books in the series. WHO'S EXCITED?! 

Have a good week, 
Sam :)

2 comments:

  1. I started The Immortal Rules yesterday. I am feeling a bit blasphemous because it's my first Kagawa book, when I've heard so, SO much about her. You can't get past her on Goodreads, everyone loves her! So I've got high hopes for it :D and that new book, Talon, looks awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that I enjoyed her Iron Fey series a lot more so if you don't like The Immortal Rules definitely read those!! I do hope you grow to love Julie ;) xo

      Delete