Friday 24 August 2012

My review of Inbetween

Inbetween (Kissed by Death #1) by Tara Fuller
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)
Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky — and unending — lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left…his soul.

Inbetween is a fresh and exciting new take on reapers and true love. Fed-up of vampires and werewolves but still want to read a heart-racing paranormal story? Inbetween is for you.

After Emma survived a car crash three years ago, her life has been filled with never-ending "accidents". Right now, Emma is seventeen-years-old and trying to keep herself sane by focusing on school. But when Finn turns up out of nowhere, Emma feels a tug of familiarity. Finn is the boy who saved her from the car crash, a reaper who wasn't willing to let her die. Now, Emma is falling for him and that could her in more danger than she could ever imagine.

After reading Fuller's debut novel, Perigee Moon, I immediately fell in love with her style of writing and her ability to bring her characters to life. When I found out about this series I just had to read as soon as possible. Come on, a girl falling in love with a reaper while trying not to get herself killed? A story to get your heart racing!

I really, really enjoyed the characters. They were fun and extremely entertaining, especially Cash. Cash is Emma's best friend who sneaks in through her bedroom window every night to check if she's okay. Cash is one of those boys that are loyal and caring, but still knows how to have a good time. He made me laugh a lot throughout the book, and seemed to brighten the most dull of situations. I hope to see more of him in the sequel. 

Inbetween is an exciting and heart-pumping novel that I would happily recommend to any who's looking for a cute romance with action and suspense. I'm looking forward to seeing what spins Fuller puts on the sequel.
Rating

- A big thanks to Entangled Publishing for providing me with a review copy.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so hummed out I missed this in NG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to read this & put it back down.. After reading your amazing review, I'll definitely be picking it up again.

    Thankyou for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inbetween is a recent addition to my want list! <3
    Finn (what an awesome name!) and his fellow reapers sound like they would make this anything but a *typical* YA book! Thank you for the interesting review :)
    Mary DeBorde M.A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like my kind of book. Definitely on my TBR list. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome..I have heard so much about it but I haven't read it yet..it's definitely going on my TBR list...which is getting VERY long! -.-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inbetween is really getting some great reviews, and that makes me happy. I officially added it to my TBR a few days ago, and I am looking forward to actually getting to it. Thanks for a great review, and getting me more excited about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this sounds great! I did prefer the previous cover though, with the girl on the front. Still, it sounds really good and different to anything I've ever read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Cash too! I can't wait to read the sequel, which would feature Cash. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like this kind of story..i will put on my TBR list..
    thx :)

    ReplyDelete